It is September 30, and Find Your Swedish Ancestors turns two years old today! I launched the podcast in 2016 on the International Podcast Day! So, Happy Two-Year Birthday Find Your Swedish Ancestors Podcast.
In this episode:
- Did you notice the great function with a link when you use Demographical Database for Southern Sweden, ddss.nu? I have made a YouTube-tutorial as well, you will find it here:
- Arkiv Digital added the database Population of Sweden 1975 for everyone having the All-In-One subscription. In the example below, I did a search for Nils Anton Berlin born 1888. In the results I see his name, birthdate, birth location, address, martial status among other things. There is also a link to the birth book based on the birth location and birth year. Population of Sweden 1940 and 1985 is coming later this year. Arkiv Digital announced they are working on a tree-building function.
- I will be at MyHeritage Live in Oslo, Norway November 4-6. They have a great line-up of speakers (besides everyone from MyHeritage) also Dick Eastman, Thomas MacEntee, Lisa Lousie Cooke, Diahan Suthard, Roberta Estes and from Sweden, Christina Sagersten. I am so looking forward to this event.
- The Genealogy show, Birmingham, June 2019, I hope to be able to go there.
- RootsTech is coming to London in October 2019, hope to be able to go there as well.
When I started Find Your Swedish Ancestors Podcast in 2016 it was to provide help and inspiration to discover your Swedish ancestors. But, working full-time with IT at the local newspaper and trying to keep up with the podcast, blog and videotutorials I really wanted to was not a good combination timewise. So, I have decided to go for my dream, leave the company where I have been working for 21 years and start my own business, doing genealogy stuff. I will have more time to produce the podcast, write blogarticles and doing videotutorials to help you discover your Swedish ancestors. And I have some other plans and ideas as well, I will keep you posted about those.
If you want to contact me, you can send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you use Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clpodcast/
Thank you for listening, take care, over and out!